The Bupa Direct Access for You (DAY) programme provides direct access to day procedure centres and clinics around Hong Kong. Under this programme, our DermCareDAY centres offer a variety of procedures for certain common skin conditions like flat/plane warts, plantar warts and certain types of skin lesions (see Note 1).
Warts and lesions may be harmless bumps or irritations on your skin. However, certain skin conditions can also lead to more serious complications like cancer. That’s why it’s important to monitor your condition and ask your doctor for advice.
At our Bupa DermCareDAY centres, our doctors follow standardised guidelines so you get the right treatment when you need it. Rest assured that you’ll receive high-quality care that’s medically necessary.
At the modern, well-equipped clinics in our DermCareDAY programme, eligible Bupa customers (see Note 2) have direct access to cashless treatment for common skin conditions. Plus, you can receive a special loyalty reward*.
- High-quality and professional clinics staffed by a team of dedicated health professionals
- Easy to access locations across Hong Kong
- A variety of treatment options including cryotherapy, laser and simple incisions to remove warts and skin lesions, if necessary
- Dedicated hotline (see Note 3) for enquiries and appointments
- Personalised care in a quiet, peaceful environment
- Cashless treatment with your Bupa medical card, where eligible treatment will be covered under your entitled benefits
- If you’re concerned about a wart or skin lesion…
- Call our provider’s dedicated booking hotline (see Note 3) at (852) 8200 3300 to schedule an appointment.
- Visit one of our DermCareDAY centres for your appointment.
- During consultation, the doctor will provide advice and recommend a procedure to treat the wart or skin lesion if medically necessary.
- Make sure to present your Bupa medical card for cashless treatment before you leave.
Our DermCareDAY network provides you with a variety of options for wart and skin lesion removal, as well as cashless treatment. Our doctors will recommend personalised treatment based on your condition. In certain situations, our doctors may also refer you to a specialist.
Before scheduling your visit, check if your insurance plan includes clinical or hospital and clinical benefits and your medical card is valid for cashless treatment. In general, Bupa medical cards (see Note 1) with the following services and the letters "QHMS" listed on the front can be used at our DermCareDAY centres.
More details are available on myBupa (see Note 4).
- Valid Bupa medical card
- Hong Kong ID card
How can I receive the loyalty reward for wart and skin lesion procedures?
To receive the loyalty reward, you need to meet all the criteria listed below:
- Your Bupa medical insurance plan includes clinical or hospital and clinical benefit and offers coverage for clinical visits at Bupa network centres. Please refer to your contract/policy and schedule of benefits for details;
- You must visit a designated Bupa DermCareDAY centre after making an appointment through the provider’s hotline at (852) 8200 3300;
- Your procedure is medically necessary;
- You use your medical card for cashless treatment at the DermCareDAY centre; and
- You haven’t received any loyalty reward in the same calendar year.
- When will I receive the loyalty reward after my procedure?
You should receive your loyalty reward redemption email around 4 months afterwards. Bupa will send your loyalty reward redemption email to the email address in our records. If we don't have your email address, we'll post a redemption letter to your postal address. Members should present the email/letter at the designated redemption centre(s) to claim their loyalty reward (supermarket coupon).
- How many times can I receive the loyalty reward?
You can receive the loyalty reward once per calendar year.
- I’m covered by Bupa individual and group medical insurance schemes. Which plan should I use to receive the loyalty reward?
You can choose either plan for your procedure at our Bupa DermCareDAY centres. However, you can only receive one loyalty reward in total each calendar year.
- Can I receive a loyalty reward from more than one Bupa programme in the same calendar year? (eg EndoscopyDAY and DermCareDAY)
Yes, you can as long as you're eligible for the loyalty reward under the respective programmes.
- Medically necessary procedures for warts, skin lesions and similar conditions will be covered according to the terms of your policy. Treatment for conditions that fall into the policy’s general exclusions, such as warts caused by sexually transmitted diseases or treatment for cosmetic purposes or other non-medically necessary reasons, will not be covered. Bupa members will need to pay for any treatment expenses that are ineligible.
- Only Bupa members with the Bupa HealthNet Card (Hospital & Clinical, Clinical) and Bupa HealthPlus Card (Hospital & Clinical) with the letters "QHMS" listed on the front are eligible for cashless treatment at Bupa DermCareDAY centres. Please refer to the DermCareDAY clinic list on myBupa for details.
- The dedicated booking hotline for DermCareDAY centres is operated by Bupa’s selected service provider. Hotline service hours are as follows: Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm; Saturday, 9am to 1pm. The hotline is not available on Sundays and public holidays.
- The name, contact information and address of each Bupa DermCareDAY centre are available in the clinic list on myBupa. The list is subject to change from time to time.
- Each member of a Bupa health insurance scheme can only receive a loyalty reward of HK$100 once per calendar year. This offer is only applicable to medically necessary wart and skin lesion procedures performed at Bupa DermCareDAY centres by a registered medical practitioner. Such procedures include excision, destruction (using any method), injection and CO2 laser for benign and malignant warts and skin lesions. Bupa reserves the right to make changes to the reward offer or to amend terms and conditions related to the reward offer at any time without prior notice.
- The loyalty reward will only be offered for wart and skin lesion procedures performed at Bupa’s appointed DermCareDAY centres. The clinic list can be found on myBupa.
- Each member is required to present a valid Bupa medical card and Hong Kong Identity Card upon registration at the DermCareDAY centre.
- Eligible members must use a valid Bupa medical card for cashless treatment at DermCareDAY centres. If the medical expenses exceed the member’s coverage or aren’t covered by the insurance plan (e.g. excluded conditions), members will need to settle their expenses directly with the centre. For any ineligible expenses settled by a Bupa medical card, a shortfall notice will be sent to the member for settlement.
- Medical services offered by the DermCareDAY centres listed are subject to the medical insurance coverage and/or benefit limits of each member. Before receiving any service, members should check their benefit entitlement in their membership certificate and/or schedule of benefits. Please contact our Customer Care helpdesk for more information.
The above summary of our insurance products is for reference only. It is not, and does not form part of, a contract of insurance and is designed to provide an overview of the key features of these products.
Talk to us
Contact our health management consultant to get details and advice.
Mon-Fri 9am-9pm (except public holidays)