Bupa Strengthens its DAY Programme with the New DermCareDAY
Hong Kong，06 Jul 2020
Bupa Strengthens its “Direct Access for You (DAY)” Programme
with the New DermCareDAY
Offering a variety of procedures for certain common skin conditions
Bupa Hong Kong, the leading health insurance specialist, announced today the expansion of the Bupa Direct Access for You (DAY) programme with its third partnership – DermCareDAY, following the successful launch of EndoscopyDAY and EyeDAY. The DermCareDAY partnership provides Bupa members with convenient access to well-equipped clinics around Hong Kong that offer a variety of procedures for certain common skin conditions.
Common skin conditions like warts and lesions may appear as harmless bumps or irritations on skin, yet certain conditions can lead to more serious complications such as cancer. Warts and lesions cases among Bupa members have continued to rise over the last four years, with a leap of nearly 30% in 2019 from the previous year. While most skin lesions like warts can be self-limiting, treatment may be necessary in some circumstances. A majority of these treatments are performed at an outpatient clinic, leading to higher demand for high-quality day procedures for skin conditions.
With Bupa’s DermCareDAY, customers can enjoy procedures for certain common skin conditions such as flat or plane warts, plantar warts and certain types of skin lesions1 at convenient locations across Hong Kong.
- High-quality and professional clinics staffed by a team of dedicated health professionals
- Easy to access locations across Hong Kong
- A variety of treatment options including cryotherapy, laser and simple incisions to remove warts and skin lesions, if necessary
- Dedicated hotline2 for enquiries and appointments
- Personalised care in a quiet, peaceful environment
- Cashless treatment with Bupa medical card, where eligible treatment will be covered under entitled benefits. Eligible members can also enjoy a loyalty reward.
“We are excited to roll out DermCareDAY as our third partnership under the Bupa DAY programme. Together with EndoscopyDAY and EyeDAY, our extensive network of high-quality and professional day case centres and clinics is bringing broader healthcare coverage and greater convenience to our members who are looking for medical treatments,” said Dr. SiNing Zhao, Medical Director, Bupa Hong Kong. “Following the success, we are rapidly growing our DAY programme by continuously introducing more specialities to benefit our customers.”
For more information on Bupa’s DermCareDAY centres, please visit our website at https://www.bupa.com.hk/en/customer-care/dermcareday.
1 Subject to policy terms
2 The dedicated booking hotline for DermCareDAY centres is operated by Bupa’s selected service provider. Hotline service hours are as follows: Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm; Saturday, 9am to 1pm. The hotline is not available on Sundays and public holidays.
Bupa – A global healthcare specialist
* Source: Laing Buisson Health Cover UK Market Report 16th Edition, published June 2020, in terms of market share by premium income among private medical insurance providers