Bupa MyBasic VHIS
Basic protection for your health and wellbeing
This medical insurance offers access to quality healthcare in Hong Kong and worldwide. You can rest easy knowing that you're covered in case of an unexpected illness or medical condition.
Want even better cover? Choose Bupa's MyFlexi VHIS Plan, providing enhanced coverage to meet your needs. Take a look at our comparison(PDF, 0.71 MB)of the MyBasic VHIS Plan (this Plan) and the MyFlexi VHIS Plan.
VHIS Certification Numbers
【Limited Time Offer】
Call us at 2517 5860 for details
Enjoy 20% off now!
Terms and conditions apply.
Levy collected by the Insurance Authority will be imposed on each policy at the applicable rate. The price quoted below does not include the applicable levy yet.
Enjoy 20% off now! Terms and conditions apply.
Extra HK$100 shopping vouchers for new members*
*New members of designated plan who register our Bupa4Life wellness App within two months upon policy effective date will receive 1,200 Bupa4Life bonus points which can redeem shopping vouchers valued at HK$100 in the app. Please refer to terms and conditions for details.
This VHIS Standard Plan covers necessary medical expenses up to HK$420,000 every year without any lifetime benefit limit (see Remark 1).
Up to HK$20,000 per policy year towards prescribed diagnostic imaging tests such as MRI and CT scans (see Remark 2).
Up to HK$80,000 in prescribed cancer treatments including radiotherapy, chemotherapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy and hormonal therapy.
Up to HK$30,000 per policy year to cover psychiatric treatments during hospitalisation in Hong Kong as recommended by a specialist.
Your policy can cover unknown pre-existing conditions and congenital conditions with symptoms appearing or diagnosed after age 8, subject to a waiting period (see Remark 3). You can also choose cover for pre-existing conditions, subject to underwriting and an additional premium.
This plan also covers surgeries performed in a clinic or day case unit of a hospital, such as wound sutures, plaster casts and endoscopies.
This plan is certified as VHIS compliant. You can claim a tax deduction on qualifying premiums up to a limit of HK$8,000 per insured person each year (see Remark 4).
Bupa guarantees that your policy is renewable up to the age of 100, regardless of any changes in your health after your policy is in effect (see Remark 5).
Available 24 hours every day, our Customer Service team will directly answer your policy-related questions (see Remark 6).
- No minimum length of hospital stay
- No waiting period, cover starts immediately after your policy takes effect
- No claims-based charges – Your premium will be based on your age only, no matter how many claims you’ve made.
- Subject to eligible expenses and the annual limit.
- Subject to 30% coinsurance.
- Eligible expenses arising from pre-existing conditions that the insured person wasn't aware of, as well as congenital conditions with symptoms appearing or diagnosed after age 8, are subject to the following waiting period and reimbursement percentage:
a. First policy year: no coverage
b. Second policy year: 25% reimbursement
c. Third policy year: 50% reimbursement
d. Fourth policy year onwards: full coverage
- Any Hong Kong taxpayer who has purchased an eligible health insurance plan (certified by the Health Bureau as VHIS) can claim a tax deduction on qualifying premiums up to HK$8,000 per insured person each year. These persons must be included in the list of “specified relatives” in Inland Revenue Ordinance (Cap. 112). You can claim the deduction in the same tax year when the premium was paid. The deduction is available for certified plans with policy effective date of 1 April 2019 or later. There is no limit on the number of insured persons and/or policies claimed by each taxpayer. Policies purchased for a domestic partner, grandchild(ren) or domestic partner’s parents/children are not eligible for tax deduction. For details about tax deduction, please visit www.bupa.com.hk/taxfaq.
- We guarantee that your policy can be renewed every year up to the age of 100 as long as you meet the requirements stated in the renewal provisions of your policy terms and conditions.
- During office hours (9am to 7pm, Monday to Friday, except public holidays), we are pleased to answer all your enquires. Outside office hours, we can provide the followings:
a. Your coverage details,
b. Claims procedures and other administration procedures, and
c. Claim forms.
You can contact the VHIS Office of the Health Bureau at email@example.com about:• VHIS product availability
• Features of VHIS Certified Plans
• Compliance with the Code of Practice
Please contact the Insurance Authority about the conduct of insurance companies and intermediaries. Please contact the Inland Revenue Department with questions about tax deduction.
The above summary of our insurance products is for reference only. It is not, and does not form part of, a contract of insurance and is designed to provide an overview of the key features of these products.
Talk to us
Contact our health management consultant to get details and advice.
Mon-Fri 9am-9pm (except public holidays)