Bupa Empower SME
Ultimate flexibility to take care of your employees' health and wellness
Looking for a flexible group insurance scheme for your employees with a limited budget?
In need of a range of wellness services to support your employees' health and retain talented team members?
Bupa Empower SME Health Insurance Scheme is your ideal choice!
2 plan tiers including multiple options, for 700+ combinations
No underwriting for SMEs of 2–50 employees in any industry
Value for money with a wide range of wellness services
Product features – to support employers like you
Ultimate flexibility with 700+ combinations in 2-tier plan options
Bupa Empower offers ultimate flexibility for 700+ benefit combinations in 2 different tiers – Starter tier and Flyer tier. You can mix and match your base plan with benefits that cover out-patient procedures, hospitalisation or even just clinical visits with wellness service(s). Plus, you can add a wide range of optional benefits that fit your employees' needs. Simply tailor-make your group scheme in 3 steps .
Offers basic benefits at affordable rates
Suitable for start-up companies, general staff
Offers plan options with higher coverage and flexibility
Suitable for established SMEs, middle management or above
Subscriptions by age group
This scheme has a simple subscription structure with 5 age groups for employees and their spouses, and a flat rate for employees' children.
Low entry with just 2 employees
To support start-up companies, this scheme offers enrolment for a minimum of 2 employees and renewal up to age 69. Start-ups and SMEs in all industries are welcome.
No medical examination is required at application.
Digital convenience with myBupa
You'll also have free access to Bupa's employer portal myBupa to add or remove employees and dependants, check their claims status and shortfall history at any time.
Take a look at how Ms. Chan and Mr. Yuen
tailor-make their Bupa Empower schemes:
Product features – to support your valuable employees
- Covers pre-existing conditions (see Remark 1)
- Second claims incentive
- Coverage for cancer and serious infectious diseases (see Remark 2)
- Video consultation services (see Remark 3)
- Comprehensive mental health coverage
- All-round wellness support ranging from dental service, optical check, health check and podiatry service
- Cashless treatment with medical card
- Access to lifelong cover by transferring to Bupa's designated individual health insurance schemes at retirement or job change
Optional benefits(see Remark 4)
- Supplementary Major Medical Benefit
- Special Hospital Cash Benefit
- Maternity Benefit
- Dental Benefit
Empower your company with value-added services
Health Coaching Services
Offer 24/7 Healthline, second medical opinion and Care Manager to follow up on claims and assist members throughout treatment and recovery (see Remark 5).
Free Bupa Worldwide Assistance Programme
Offers medical support and assistance if members need help while overseas or in mainland China.
Manage your scheme with myBupa
Available as both an employer portal and smartphone app for members to manage benefits, submit claims online, search for network doctors and more.
Bupa4Life wellness app
Manage health goals, book into wellness classes and activities for free and get rewards.
Starter tier is designed for start-ups and general staff, offering basic benefits at affordable rates. There're 3 core benefits to choose from – Hospital and Surgical Benefit, Out-patient Procedure Benefit and Clinical Benefit. The Flyer tier is designed for SMEs and middle management or above, providing plan options with higher coverage and flexibility. There're 2 core benefit options – Hospital and Surgical Benefit and Clinical Benefit. Both Starter tier and Flyer tier offer 4 optional benefits to meet your employees' needs: Supplementary Major Medical Benefit, Special Hospital Cash Benefit, Maternity Benefit and Dental Benefit.
Yes, you can choose different benefit combinations for employees at different grades. For example, you can enrol in Flyer tier's Hospital and Surgical Benefit Plan A1 and Clinical Benefit Plan C1 for middle management or above, and Starter tier's Out-patient Procedure Benefit Plan B1 for general staff. However, all employees of the same grade must be enrolled in the same benefit combination. A minimum number of employees applies for specific benefits and plans. Please refer to the Schedule of Benefits for details.
When your company expands, you can contact Bupa to upgrade your plan upon renewal. For example, you can upgrade middle management's Clinical Benefit Plan C1 to the "upgrade option" which has no deductible and 100% reimbursement under Non-HealthNet Benefit, or even add the optional Supplementary Major Medical Benefit.
The Out-patient Procedure Benefit is an option exclusive to Starter tier. This benefit is payable for covered surgical procedures performed at a QualityNet Service Provider's clinic or day case centre, subject to the applicable overall annual limit as stated in the Schedule of Benefits. The covered surgical procedures include 4 specialities such as dermatology, gastroenterology, otorhinolaryngology and ophthalmology, as well as 8 common types of procedures including endoscopy, cataract surgery, haemorrhoidectomy and more. Please refer to the contract and the Schedule of Benefits on Bupa's customer service portal myBupa for the detailed list of covered surgical procedures.
Yes, you can enrol in just one or a combination of the core benefit(s) available under this plan, including Hospital and Surgical Benefit/Out-patient Procedure Benefit (applicable to Starter tier only) and Clinical Benefit.
All core benefits under this plan provide upgrade options that expand the coverage to better suit your employees' needs. For example, you can upgrade the reimbursement percentage of Non-HealthNet Benefit from 80% to 100%, increase the maximum number of visits under Clinical Benefit in aggregate from 30 or 40 to unlimited (also subject to sub-limits on the number of visits for each benefit item) and so on.
No, any claims that your employees make won't affect the subscription at renewal. Factors affecting subscription rates each year include medical inflation, general operating expenses and revision of benefits to cover increasing medical expenses.
For employees and their spouses, they are covered up to age 69. Unmarried children of employees are covered up to age 18, or up to age 23 if the unmarried child is a full-time student (with valid proof).
2 – 50 employees
All full-time employees aged under 65 (renewal up to age 69)
Bupa has set up a series of treatment programmes for members focusing on different specialities, providing personalised care and guidance through network providers and a health coaching team. Through these programmes, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Multiple specialties to meet different medical needs
- Experienced health professionals to guide you from consultation through treatment and follow-up
- Quality assured network clinics and facilities
- Cashless treatment with eligible medical card
- Special loyalty reward for certain programmes (supermarket coupon)
Bupa's one-stop specialist treatment programmes include:Bupa DAY series
- Day-case endoscopy
- Eye day surgeries
- Clinical treatments for skin conditions
- Clinical treatments for musculoskeletal pain
- Coverage for pre-existing conditions is only applicable to companies with at least 10 employees.
- Serious infectious diseases include Dengue Fever, Japanese Encephalitis, COVID-19 and more, as well as any future Public Health Emergency of International Concern according to the World Health Organisation. Please refer to the Schedule of Benefits for the detailed list of serious infectious diseases and the Contract for definitions.
- Visit Bupa's webpage about video consultation services for details. Terms and conditions apply.
- Supplementary Major Medical Benefit, Special Hospital Cash Benefit and Maternity Benefit are only applicable to companies with at least 5 employees.
- Health Coaching Services is only applicable to Flyer tier Hospital and Surgical Benefit Plan A1 and A2, as well as Clinical Benefit Plan C1.
Talk to us
Contact our health management consultant to get details and advice.