Bupa's claims services are fast and simple. If you use a Bupa medical card to receive treatment, you do not need to file a claim. If you do not have a medical card or your card is not applicable to pay for your medical expenses, you should submit a claim form.
To pay and claim, simply follow these three steps:
Before discharge: Get documents from your hospital
- Original payment receipts
- Doctor slips
- Medical reports
- Hospital bills
- Pre-authorisation confirmation
- Referral letters for any specialist consultation or SRN nursing
- Copies of histopathology, endoscopic, diagnostic/ laboratory tests reports or operating theatre summary
You can also refer to your Membership Guide or call us for details.
Within 90 days: Submit a completed claim form with the required documents
If you fill in the claim form, please mail to our Claims Department
After submission: Once Bupa receives your completed claim form and all required documentation, you may expect to receive payment within 7 working days.
- Please obtain the documents that are needed to make a claim. Keep in mind that you will need to pay for the fees charged for issuing the medical report(s).
- If you receive treatment at a public hospital, remember to pick up the Discharge Slip before you leave the hospital. Public hospitals may charge a fee to issue a medical report.
- If you have maternity cover, please submit a hospital claim form for maternity treatment (Download form here).
If you are entitled to network benefit, simply follow these steps:
If you use a Bupa medical card, you don’t need to submit any claims to us. Simply follow these steps:
For clinical benefit:
- Show your medical card when visiting a network doctor.
- After your treatment, sign the voucher provided by the clinic and keep the member’s copy.