MindCare Company Recognition Scheme
MindCare Company Recognition Scheme
Endorsed by Bupa and the Mental Health Association of Hong Kong (MHAHK), Bupa's MindCare Company Recognition Scheme honours companies in the city that prioritise employee mental health. Participating organisations must not only show how they encourage a healthier mindset in the workplace but also illustrate how their leaders have been equipped with the right management skills to support their employees. Interested companies may apply for certification under the scheme to demonstrate their commitment to providing a healthy workplace.
The mission of the MindCare Company Recognition Scheme is:
To lead, promote and support the transformation of community mental healthcare; help people live longer, healthier, happier lives; and make a positive change in Hong Kong.
To create an inclusive and friendly workplace health environment and motivate companies to care about employees’ mental as well as physical health.
To commend and give public recognition to businesses that demonstrate good care for their employees.
2022 MindCare Companies
2021 MindCare Companies
- Certified companies can highlight their efforts and achievements in supporting mental health in the workplace and building a healthy working environment and culture.
- They will receive a MindCare Company Recognition Scheme certificate.
- The company name and logo will be listed on Bupa’s webpage.
- Participating companies are entitled to use the MindCare Company logo and title for one year after their certification.
- Companies registered with the Business Register or Companies Registry with operations in Hong Kong are encouraged to apply for the MindCare Company Recognition Scheme.
- Companies with a Bupa group health insurance scheme are all eligible to take part in the MindCare Company Recognition Scheme.
1. Management level (must be completed within 3 months of application)
- Minimum of 4 leadership team members must be certified in Mental Health First Aid, including at least 1 HR leader
- All people managers must be sent the “Manager’s guide to mental wellness in the workplace” with open discussions on this topic in leadership team meetings
- Organise one of the below workshops for managers:
- How to build a mentally healthy workforce
- Guide to manage stress
- Managing emotions at work
- Maximising workplace wellbeing
- Positive psychology at work
- Organise an interactive workshop for leaders supporting healthier minds, i.e. Yoga or Fitness Class, Art Jam, Massage, Meditation
2. General staff (minimum of 1 service per month for 3 consecutive months)
- Use an employee assistance programme (EAP) or the Bupa4Life app to engage employees
- Organise a workshop on psychological health
- Commitment to drive engagement levels so at least 30% of employees are using a wellness app to improve their mental wellbeing
- Organise a healthy workshop for all employees, i.e. Yoga or Fitness Class, Art Jam, Massage, Meditation
- Arrange an optional Mental Health First Aid training for employees
- To apply for this scheme, contact your Bupa health management consultant or directly email email@example.com. A Workplace Health Consultant will be in touch within 2 working days.
- Applications may be submitted from November to July each year. Bupa will review each application based on the scheme eligibility requirements by the end of August.
- Results will be announced in October every year. Successful applicants will receive a certificate of recognition endorsed by Bupa and MHAHK.
- Once applications are submitted and assessed, a follow-up meeting will be arranged with each company and their assigned wellness manager.
- The assigned wellness manager will be your single point of contact to help drive the campaign, provide marketing content and support employee engagement and registration. They will manage the process from assessment, design and implementation to evaluation of the entire programme.
The above summary of our insurance products is for reference only. It is not, and does not form part of, a contract of insurance and is designed to provide an overview of the key features of these products.
Talk to us
Contact our health management consultant to get details and advice.
Mon-Fri 9am-9pm (except public holidays)