The Bupa Direct Access for You (DAY) programme provides direct access to day case centres around Hong Kong. Under this programme, our EyeDAY centres offer common types of eye procedures such as cataract removal.
In the public hospital system, the longest waiting time for an appointment at an eye specialist outpatient clinic can be up to 3 years, depending on your condition (see Note 1). For elective cataract surgery in the public hospital system, more than 47,000 people are currently on the waiting list (see Note 2). With Bupa EyeDAY, you can receive treatment relatively faster at a private day case centre (see Note 3).
In Hong Kong, day case centres must comply with a list of specific government standards to perform eye procedures. These guidelines are designed to ensure patient safety (see Note 4).
At the modern, well-equipped day case centres in our EyeDAY programme, eligible Bupa customers (see Note 5) have direct access to cashless service for day case eye procedures.
- Achieving top industry standards
- In compliance with Bupa's clinic quality assurance and accreditation checklist
- Staffed by a team of experienced specialists and dedicated health professionals
- No unnecessary hospital stay
- Easy to access locations across Hong Kong
- No extra hassle as your specialist will help you get approval
- Modern and well-equipped operating rooms
- Superior, hospital-grade amenities
- Personalised care in a quiet, peaceful environment
- If your doctor thinks you might need a clinical eye procedure…
- Get a valid referral letter from him or her.
- Make an appointment with an on-site network specialist in one of our EyeDAY centres.
- The on-site network specialist will perform your eye procedure in the EyeDAY centre.
- Make sure to present your Bupa medical card for cashless service before you leave.
Our EyeDAY network provides you with one-stop specialist services and cashless service, without the hassle of consulting a specialist separately to save time.
Before scheduling your visit, check if your insurance plan includes hospital and surgical benefit and your medical card is valid for cashless service. In general, Bupa medical cards (see Note 5) with the following services listed on the front can be used at our EyeDAY centres.
More details are available on myBupa.
- Valid Bupa medical card
- Hong Kong ID card
- Valid referral letter from your doctor
- Source: Hospital Authority: Waiting time for new case booking at eye specialist out-patient clinics. 30 September 2019.
- Source: Hospital Authority: Elective cataract surgery. 30 June 2019.
- Treatment at private day case centres is generally faster compared with the waiting time in Hong Kong public hospitals in general.
- Source: Department of Health, Hong Kong Academy of Medicine. Core Standards for Day Procedure Centres. April 2018.
- Only Bupa members with the Bupa HealthCare Card (for clinic procedure only), Bupa HealthNet Card (Hospital & Clinical, Clinical), Bupa HealthPlus Card (Hospital & Clinical, Hospital), Bupa Gold Card (Hospital & Clinical) and Bupa Hero Card (Hospital & Clinical, Hospital) are eligible for cashless service at Bupa EyeDAY centres. However, some medical cards are only accepted at selected centres. Please refer to the EyeDAY centre list on myBupa for details.
- The name and contact information of each Bupa EyeDAY centre, including address and telephone number, are available in the centre list on myBupa. The list is subject to change from time to time.
- Each member is required to present a valid Bupa medical card, Hong Kong Identity Card and referral letter from a registered general practitioner or specialist upon registration at the EyeDAY centre.
- Eligible members must present a valid Bupa medical card for cashless service at EyeDAY centres. If the medical expenses exceed the member's coverage or aren't covered by the insurance plan (e.g. excluded conditions), a shortfall notice will be sent to the member for settlement.
- Medical services offered by the EyeDAY centres listed are subject to the medical insurance coverage and/or benefit limits of each member. Before receiving any service, members should check their benefit entitlement in their membership certificate and/or schedule of benefits. Please contact our Customer Care helpdesk for more information.
The above summary of our insurance products is for reference only. It is not, and does not form part of, a contract of insurance and is designed to provide an overview of the key features of these products.
Talk to us
Contact our health management consultant to get details and advice.
Mon-Fri 9am-9pm (except public holidays)