Video Consultation Services
Extended Network Clinical Coverage for Video Consultation for Eligible Members
Dedicated video consultation hotline (see Note 4):
Hotline service hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm; Saturday, 9am to 12noon. The hotline is not available on Sundays and public holidays
(852) 8208 3628
We understand sometimes you may not have time or may feel concerned to visit a physical medical clinic when you are sick. That’s why we offer video consultation services (see Note 1) with doctors from our selected network provider Quality HealthCare Medical Services (QHMS) to support you at all times.
From the special protection period from 17 July 2020 to 31 December 2020 (see Note 2), as long as you’re a Bupa or Hang Seng Bupa member with network Clinical Benefit and an eligible medical card, you can use this service. By simply calling the designated hotline, you can make an appointment and consult our selected doctors about common conditions through a video call comfortably and safely at home, with door-to-door medication delivery (see Note 3). We’ve also waived the HK$50 medication delivery charge during the special protection period.
How will my video consultation be covered?
Before using the service, check if your insurance plan includes clinical or hospital and clinical benefits and your medical card is eligible for network coverage. In general, Bupa and Hang Seng Bupa members with medical cards with the following services listed on the front can use the video consultation services.
- Will video consultation be covered under my non-network Clinical Benefit?
No, you can’t pay for video consultation yourself and file a claim afterwards. It will only be covered under network Clinical Benefit and you must use your medical card to pay for this service.
- How many days of basic medication will be covered? Will extra medication be covered too?
In general, the video consultation will cover up to 5 days of basic western medication, subject to your plan’s coverage. Extra medication will be covered if your coverage includes Western Medication Benefit under the network Clinical Benefit.
- Is video consultation secure?
Yes. The doctors will meet with you using an individual Zoom invitation link. Once the consultation has begun, the doctor will “lock” the Zoom meeting so no third party can join.
- Is video consultation suitable for all medical conditions?
No, video consultation is suitable for common conditions only but not medical emergencies or pandemic diseases. You are advised to seek immediate medical attention at a hospital A&E department or clinic for emergency conditions. If you think you may have COVID-19, you should visit a designated testing centre as soon as possible.
- Are there any age restrictions for video consultation?
Yes, children below age 18 aren’t eligible for this service, even if they’re accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Are there any limitations on delivery services?
- You must be physically in Hong Kong for video consultation and medication delivery.
- In general, medication will be delivered on the same day for consultation before 1pm (Monday to Friday). Next-day deliveries will be made for consultation after 1pm.
- For consultations on Saturday, medication will be delivered on Monday.
- Deliveries are only available for patients living in Hong Kong Island, Kowloon and the New Territories. You will need to go to the appointed clinic to pick up your medication if you live in outlying islands.
- Will I be contacted before delivery?
The clinic will contact you to confirm the delivery time and address. If the medication cannot be delivered, it will be returned to the appointed clinic for you to pick up. The delivery charge will not be refunded.
- Can I choose my preferred clinic in case I need a follow-up consultation?
Yes, you can. Upon calling the hotline, the staff will check your network access and eligibility under your plan and provide a list of available clinics for you to choose from. As you may need to attend the clinic in person for proper examination or assessment in certain circumstances, we recommend you choose a doctor or a clinic that’s convenient for you.
- What are the doctors’ consultation hours?
The consultation hours of the doctors are from Monday to Friday (9am – 5:30pm) and Saturday (9am – 12 noon).
- If I need a follow-up consultation within 24 hours after the video consultation, will this be charged or deducted from the remaining balance of my Clinical Benefit?
Your doctor may advise you to visit the appointed clinic for a proper examination or assessment, which will be free of charge within 24 hours after the video consultation (or on the coming Monday for video consultation on Saturday). We won’t deduct it from the remaining balance of your network Clinical Benefit.
- Where can I find more information about the clinics in case I need a follow-up consultation?
You can call the dedicated video consultation hotline for details.
- Terms and conditions set by the provider apply to the video consultation services. Please refer to the below for details.
- Terms and conditions set by Bupa apply. Please refer to the below for details.
- Medication delivery is subject to the prior payment of a HK$50 delivery charge. The charges are waived for the period from 17 July 2020 to 31 December 2020.
- The hotline staff will provide a list of available doctors for you to choose, subject to your plan’s coverage. Only video consultations that are provided by the doctors referred by the hotline are eligible to be covered.
The above summary of our insurance products is for reference only. It is not, and does not form part of, a contract of insurance and is designed to provide an overview of the key features of these products.
Talk to us
Contact our health management consultant to get details and advice.
Mon-Fri 9am-9pm (except public holidays)