Pan-fried ostrich steak with asparagus
，01 Jan 0001
Ingredients (serves 2)
Ostrich steak: 500g
Cooking cream: 200ml
White mushrooms (sliced): 3
Time required: 60 minutes
- Peel 3/4 of the skin from the asparagus. Cook in salted water for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Bring the cream and milk to a boil. Add in garlic, salt and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes while stirring.
- Heat the frying pan. Add some butter and fry the ostrich steak for 4 minutes until golden brown on one side.
- Reduce heat and flip to cook the other side. Add in butter, dried thyme and salt. Cook for 3 minutes until golden brown. Serve on a plate with asparagus and cream sauce.
- Ostrich steak is very low in fat. Don’t cook it too long or it will dry out.
- You can buy frozen ostrich steak or ostrich fillet from the supermarket.
Sourced from Quality HealthCare Medical Services Ltd [Jan-Mar 2018]