Bupa Transfer Care
Uninterrupted care through every life stage
Bupa Transfer Care medical insurance scheme is exclusively for Bupa group medical insurance members to continue your health cover at the same room level after your group membership ends.
Levy collected by the Insurance Authority will be imposed on each policy at the applicable rate. The price quoted (if applicable) does not include the applicable levy yet.
Guaranteed Cover for Pre-Existing Conditions
Same Room Level Transfer
Comprehensive Mental Health Coverage
This scheme's Hospital and Surgical benefit and optional Clinical Benefit provide psychiatric-related coverage to take care of your mental wellbeing.
Guaranteed Lifetime Renewal
Higher Surgical Benefit
Enjoy higher cover if you need more than one operation because Bupa pays out surgical benefit on a per-operation basis rather than per disability. You can claim up to the maximum benefit limit for each operation.
No Waiting Period
Your cover starts immediately after the contract effective date without any waiting period. As there is no lapse between the end of your group membership and the inception of this scheme, you can enjoy continuous cover without interruption.
Optional Benefits to Boost Your Cover
24/7 Medical Professionals Support
24/7 Customer Care helpdesk
Other Health Coaching Services:
- A Care Manager can be in touch with you to follow up on claims and assist you throughout treatment and recovery, from explaining your treatment plan and overseeing costs to arranging follow-up consultations. If you’re admitted to a local private hospital, our Care Manger will make a courtesy call or visit, with your consent.1
- Healthcare centre choices and a second medical opinion are available to support you throughout treatment and recovery.2
- Up to 15% no claim renewal discount (NCB)
- Up to 50% child subscription discount when you enrol your family
- No minimum length of hospital stay
- Hospital and Surgical Benefit
- Ward/ Semi-private/ Private room levels
You can choose to transfer your membership to the same room level as your entitled room level or lower under your group medical insurance scheme.
- Room and Board
- Miscellaneous Hospital Services
- Intensive Care
- Private Nursing
- Surgeon and Attendance Fees
- Anaesthetist's Fees
- Operating Theatre Fees
- In-patient Physician's Fees
- In-patient Specialist's Fees
- Cancer Treatment and Kidney Dialysis
- Companion Bed
- Day Case Endoscopy Procedure
- Day Case Viral Warts and Skin Lesions Procedure
- Pre-admission and Post-hospitalisation Out-patient Care
- Emergency Out-patient Benefit for Accidents
- Psychiatric Treatment
- Free Bupa Worldwide Assistance Programme
- Health Coaching Services
- Please refer to the Schedule of Benefits and www.bupa.com.hk/health-coaching-services for details
- Supplementary Major Medical Benefit
- No need to pay any deposit, hospital bills or file a claim if you use our medical card at any local private Hong Kong hospitals
- Cover starts from the first day of your hospital stay
- We pay 80% of the medical expenses in excess of the amount payable under the Hospital and Surgical Benefit
- Clinical Benefit
- Covers general practitioner, specialist, home consultation, diagnostic imaging and laboratory tests, prescribed western medication, physiotherapists, chiropractors, Chinese herbalists, and Chinese bonesetters
- Includes coverage for psychiatric-related treatments and psychological counselling, such as outpatient treatments for psychiatric, psychological, mental or behavioural conditions, senile dementia (including Alzheimer’s disease) and Parkinson’s disease
Bupa has set up a series of treatment programmes for members focusing on different specialities, providing personalised care and guidance through network providers and a health coaching team. Through these programmes, you can enjoy the following benefits:
Bupa DAY series
- Multiple specialties to meet different medical needs
- Experienced health professionals to guide you from consultation through treatment and follow-up
- Quality assured network clinics and facilities
- Cashless service with eligible medical card
Bupa DAY series
- Eye day surgeries
- Day-case gynaecological procedures
- Clinical treatments for musculoskeletal pain
- Guidance and treatments to support breast health
For details, please download
Product Brochure and Schedule of Benefits.
For Transfer Care members
The above summary of our insurance products is for reference only. It is not, and does not form part of, a contract of insurance and is designed to provide an overview of the key features of these products.
Talk to us
Contact our health management consultant to get details and advice.
Mon-Fri 9am-9pm (except public holidays)