Bupa's claims services are fast and simple.
If you use a Bupa medical card to receive treatment, you do not need to file a claim.
If you do not have a medical card or your card is not applicable to pay for your medical expenses, you should submit a claim form.
Watch and learn the 3 easy steps for “Pay and Claim” and the 5 useful tips in making a claim!
To pay and claim, simply follow these three steps:
Before discharge: Get documents from your hospital
- Original payment receipts
- Doctor slips
- Medical reports
- Hospital bills
- Pre-authorisation confirmation
- Referral letters for any specialist consultation or SRN nursing
- Copies of histopathology, endoscopic, diagnostic/ laboratory tests reports or operating theatre summary
You can also refer to your Membership Guide or call us for details.
Within 90 days: Submit a completed claim form with the required documents
If you fill in the claim form, please mail to our Claims Department
After submission: Once Bupa receives your completed claim forms and all the required documents, it usually takes 5 to 7 business days to process the claim.
- Please obtain the documents that are needed to make a claim. Keep in mind that you will need to pay for the fees charged for issuing the medical report(s).
- If you receive treatment at a public hospital, remember to pick up the Discharge Slip before you leave the hospital. Public hospitals may charge a fee to issue a medical report.
- If you have maternity cover, please submit a hospital claim form for maternity treatment (Download form here).
- For in-patient treatments at Gleneagles Hong Kong Hospital, please click here to get details of the room types and how they are classified under Bupa’s cover prior to your hospital stay.
If you use a Bupa medical card (if applicable), you don’t need to pay for a hospital stay. Simply follow these steps:
If you choose a Bupa network specialist :
- Before hospital admission: Consult a network specialist and your specialist will help you to obtain the pre-authorisation.
- During admission: Show your Bupa medical card, approval documents (if any), and hospital admission letter. No hospital deposit is needed.
- Before leaving the hospital: Please sign the claim form prepared by the hospital and pay the medical expenses with your Bupa medical card.
Bupa Gold members exempted
If you choose a specialist outside Bupa network*:
- Before hospital admission: Call us to obtain pre-authorisation form (Bupa Gold members exempted). Ask your doctor to fill out the form and return it to us by fax, email or by post. We will issue a Pre-authorisation Confirmation / Guaranteed of Payment Letter to you.
Pre-authorisation hotline: 2517 5328 (9am - 7pm Monday - Friday, except public holiday)
- During admission: Show your Bupa medical card and your Pre-authorisation Confirmation / Guaranteed of Payment Letter. No hospital deposit is needed.
- Before leaving the hospital: Please sign the claims form prepared by the hospital and pay the medical expenses with your Bupa medical card.
*Cashless treatment is not available for Bupa Crystal member if you choose a specialist outside Bupa network.
For clinical operation or day-case surgery at Bupa network provider:
- Before treatment: Your network doctor will get pre-authorisation for you. (Bupa Gold member, Bupa Crystal members or clinical operations below HK$4,000 are exempted)
- During registration: Show your medical card and the required documents:
- If pre-authorisation is needed, please present the approval document
- If pre-authorisation is not needed, please present the specialist’s referral letter