Bupa's claims services are fast and simple. If you use a Bupa medical card to receive treatment, you do not need to file a claim. If you do not have a medical card or your card is not applicable to pay for your medical expenses, you should submit a claim form.
To pay and claim, simply follow these three steps:
Before discharge: Get documents from your hospital
- Original payment receipts
- Doctor slips
- Medical reports
- Hospital bills
- Pre-authorisation confirmation
- Referral letters for any specialist consultation or SRN nursing
- Copies of histopathology, endoscopic, diagnostic/ laboratory tests reports or operating theatre summary
You can also refer to your Membership Guide or call us for details.
Within 90 days: Submit a completed claim form with the required documents
If you fill in the claim form, please mail to our Claims Department
After submission: Once Bupa receives your completed claim forms and all the required documents, it usually takes 5 to 7 business days to process the claim.
- Please obtain the documents that are needed to make a claim. Keep in mind that you will need to pay for the fees charged for issuing the medical report(s).
- If you receive treatment at a public hospital, remember to pick up the Discharge Slip before you leave the hospital. Public hospitals may charge a fee to issue a medical report.
- If you have maternity cover, please submit a hospital claim form for maternity treatment (Download form here).
If you use a Bupa medical card (if applicable), you don’t need to pay for a hospital stay. Simply follow these steps:
If you choose a Bupa network specialist :
- Before hospital admission: Consult a network specialist and your specialist will help you to obtain the pre-authorisation.
- During admission: Show your Bupa medical card, approval documents (if any), and hospital admission letter. No hospital deposit is needed.
- Before leaving the hospital: Please sign the claim form prepared by the hospital and pay the medical expenses with your Bupa medical card.
Bupa Gold members exempted
If you choose a specialist outside Bupa network*:
- Before hospital admission: Call us to obtain pre-authorisation form (Bupa Gold members exempted). Ask your doctor to fill out the form and return it to us by fax, email or by post. We will issue a Pre-authorisation Confirmation / Guaranteed of Payment Letter to you.
Pre-authorisation hotline: 2517 5328 (9am - 7pm Monday - Friday, except public holiday)
- During admission: Show your Bupa medical card and your Pre-authorisation Confirmation / Guaranteed of Payment Letter. No hospital deposit is needed.
- Before leaving the hospital: Please sign the claims form prepared by the hospital and pay the medical expenses with your Bupa medical card.
*Cashless treatment is not available for Bupa Crystal member if you choose a specialist outside Bupa network.
For clinical operation or day-case surgery at Bupa network provider:
- Before treatment: Your network doctor will get pre-authorisation for you. (Bupa Gold member, Bupa Crystal members or clinical operations below HK$4,000 are exempted)
- During registration: Show your medical card and the required documents:
- If pre-authorisation is needed, please present the approval document
- If pre-authorisation is not needed, please present the specialist’s referral letter