- grass and tree pollen
- cold air
- damp weather
- allergy to house dust mite, mould and fungi
- return of a stuffy nose after a cold has cleared up
- thick yellow or green discharge from the nostrils
- cold symptoms that don't respond to treatment
- foul smell in the nose
- keeping the air humid at home
- using an air-filtering vacuum cleaner
- removing pets
- having a course of anti-allergy injections
- stopping smoking
- drinking less alcohol
- using a decongestant spray or tablets before diving or swimming
This information was published by Bupa Group's Health Content Team and has been reviewed by appropriate medical or clinical professionals. To the best of their knowledge the information is current and based on reputable sources of medical evidence, however Bupa (Asia) Limited makes no representation or warranty as to the completeness or accuracy of the Content.
The information on this page, and any information on third party websites referred to on this page, is provided as a guide only. It should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional medical advice, nor is it intended to be used for medical diagnosis or treatment. Bupa (Asia) Limited is not liable for any loss or damage you suffer arising out of the use of, or reliance on, the information.
Third party websites are not owned or controlled by Bupa and any individual may be able to access and post messages on them. Bupa is not responsible for the content or availability of these third party websites. Last updated August 2017.
Talk to us
Contact our health management consultant to get details and advice.
Mon-Fri 9am-9pm (except public holidays)