Referee exclusive offerReferees of Bupa’s Member-get-Member programme can get HK$300 supermarket coupons if they successfully enrol in any Bupa individual insurance scheme** PLUS the following subscription / premium discount on designated schemes:
【Bupa HERO crazy enrolment offer】 Get discounts worth up to 80% of first-year premiums^
【New】 Bupa Safe Critical Illness Insurance Scheme - 20% off for single enrolment, 40% off for 2 or more enrolments#
Other selected individual medical schemes: up to 20% off
**The referee must successfully enrol in any Bupa individual insurance scheme with first year's net annual premium or subscription over HK$3,000 or equivalent through a Bupa Health Management Consultant.
Bupa Hero VHIS PlanFull cover(Remark 1) up to HK$40 million annually at semi-private or private room level, with plans covering Asia, Australia and New Zealand(Remark2,3) or worldwide excluding the United States(Remark3)
Full cover(Remark 1) for all eligible cancer surgery expenses and treatments (e.g. chemotherapy or targeted therapy) and other serious and common illnesses (e.g. stroke, kidney failure, cataract) surgery expenses, treatments
4 deductible options(Remark 4) are available to further lower your premiums up to 65%(Remark 5)
Cashless treatment(Remark 6) with your Bupa medical card
No lifetime benefit limit and coverage will be automatically renewed each year
Eligible for tax deduction on up to HK$8,000 in premiums annually(Remark 7)
By selecting from our many optional benefits(Remark 8), including Clinical, Dental, Maternity(Remark 9) and Supplementary Critical Illness Benefit, you can tailor your policy to better protect your health and wellbeing
Supplementary Critical Illness Benefit covers up to 98% of all serious critical illnesses(Remark 10), including cancer, heart attack and stroke. It provides coverage for your living expenses up to HK$3,300,000 to support your lifestyle and family budget(Remark 11).
【Newly launched】Bupa Safe Critical Illness Insurance SchemeCovers up to 98% of all serious critical illnesses(Remark 12) including 85 conditions(Remark 13) and triple protection with a lifetime benefit amount up to HK$3.3M in aggregate(Remark 14)
Monthly subscriptions as low as HK$108(Remark 15) with extra enrolment discount
Protection against common major critical illnesses like cancer, heart attack & stroke, and other early stage critical illnesses including coronary artery disease requiring angioplasty, carcinoma-in-situ, second cancer and so on
Flexibility to add optional Cancer Treatment Reimbursement Benefit
Get quote/online buy
Other Medical Insurance SchemesEnjoy up to 20% welcome discount for the following Bupa medical insurance schemes:
- Bupa MyFlexi VHIS Plan
- Bupa MyBasic VHIS Plan
- Bupa CarePro
- Bupa Together
- Bupa HealthPlus
- Bupa Care Kid
- Bupa Care HealthNet
- Bupa Gold
【Crazy enrolment offer】Get discounts worth up to 80% of first-year premiums!^
【New】Bupa Safe Critical Illness Insurance Scheme - 20% off for single enrolment, 40% off for 2 or more enrolments#
- Full cover is only applicable to selected items under Summary of Benefits and subject to the annual benefit limit, deductible and restricted ward class set out in the Summary of Benefits.
- Asia, Australia and New Zealand means Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Japan, Malaysia, Macau, Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, mainland China, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Pakistan, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Vietnam.
- For eligible expenses covered under the Certified Plan but incurred outside your chosen area of cover, benefits shall be payable according to the VHIS Standard Plan Terms and Benefits.
- Deductible options include HK$0, HK$12,000, HK$40,000 and HK$80,000. A deductible is the amount of eligible expenses that you must pay each year. Bupa will cover the remaining amount up to the benefit limit. The deductible won’t apply to the Medical Check-up Benefit and optional benefits.
- The calculation compares deductible options between HK$0 and HK$80,000 for a 29-year-old member enrolled in Deluxe Plan with yearly payment.
- Cashless treatment is not applicable to items (k) and (l) listed under 1) Basic Benefits and items (c) – (j) listed under 2) Enhanced Benefits in the Summary of Benefits for the Certified Plan. Your medical card is not applicable to the outpatient department of a local private hospital. For overseas hospitalisation, you can enjoy cashless treatment by calling Bupa to make the necessary arrangements. You need to follow the required procedures and obtain pre-authorisation from Bupa to enjoy cashless treatment.
- Any Hong Kong taxpayer who has purchased an eligible health insurance plan (certified by the Food and Health Bureau as VHIS) can claim a tax deduction on qualifying premiums up to HK$8,000 per insured person each year. These persons must be included in the list of “specified relatives” in Inland Revenue Ordinance (Cap.112) (which may change from time to time). You can claim the deduction in the same tax year when the premium was paid. The deduction is available for certified plans, but not any other optional benefits, with policy effective date of 1 April 2019 or later. There is no limit on the number of insured persons and/or policies claimed by each taxpayer. Policies purchased for a domestic partner, grandchild(ren) or domestic partner’s parents/children are not eligible for tax deduction. For details about tax deduction, please visit bupa.com.hk/taxfaq.
- Optional benefits (Clinical, Maternity, Dental, Dental and Optical Benefit) and free benefits and services are not part of the VHIS certified plan. The premiums paid are not eligible for claiming tax deduction and any family discount.
- Optional maternity benefit is payable provided that the conception occurs after the commencement date of this benefit and no benefit shall be payable during the waiting period of the first 9 months.
- Extended Major Critical Illness Benefit of the Supplementary Critical Illness Benefit include 98% of designated critical illnesses in 10Life's Scoring Methodology of Term Critical Illness Insurance. Exclusions and waiting periods apply. Please refer to the contract for the terms and excluded conditions.
- Based on the benefits of the Gold plan, including major critical illness benefit of HK$1,500,000, additional cancer benefit of HK$1,500,000 and early stage critical illness benefit of HK$300,000. Please refer to the contract for terms, conditions and exclusions.
- The 85 critical illnesses covered under the critical illness basic benefits and optional Extended Major Critical Illness Benefit of this scheme include 98% of designated critical illnesses in 10Life's Scoring Methodology of Term Critical Illness Insurance. Exclusions and waiting periods apply. Please refer to the contract for the terms and excluded conditions.
- This scheme covers 3 major critical illnesses and 5 early stage critical illnesses under the critical illness basic benefits. You can also add Optional Benefit B Extended Major Critical Illness Benefit to include a total of 85 covered critical illnesses.
- Based on Plan A3, including HK$1,500,000 for Major Critical Illness Benefit, HK$1,500,000 for Additional Cancer Benefit and HK$300,000 for Early Stage Critical Illness Benefit. Customers need to be diagnosed with covered critical illnesses after the applicable waiting periods as specified in the contract to be eligible to claim these benefits. Please refer to the contract for details.
- Based on an 18-year-old non-smoker enrolling in the critical illness basic benefit with lifetime benefit amount in aggregate of HK$3,300,000 using annual payment mode. This figure does not include any promotional offers or discounts which may be available.
The above summary of our insurance products is for reference only. It is not, and does not form part of, a contract of insurance and is designed to provide an overview of the key features of these products.
Talk to us
Contact our health management consultant to get details and advice.
Mon-Fri 9am-9pm (except public holidays)