Referee exclusive offerReferees of Bupa’s Member-get-Member programme can get HK$300 supermarket coupons if they successfully enrol in any Bupa individual insurance scheme** PLUS the following subscription / premium discount on designated schemes:
【Bupa Hero exciting enrolment offer】 Get discounts worth up to 80% of first-year premiums^
【New】Bupa All Together Health Insurance Scheme: Enjoy up to 50% off on the first-year premium for a family enrolment of 3#
Other selected individual medical schemes: up to 20% off
**The referee must successfully enrol in any Bupa individual insurance scheme with first year's net annual premium or subscription over HK$3,000 or equivalent through a Bupa Health Management Consultant.
Bupa Hero VHIS PlanFull cover(Remark 1) up to HK$40 million annually at semi-private or private room level, with plans covering Asia, Australia and New Zealand(Remark2,3) or worldwide excluding the United States(Remark3)
Full cover(Remark 1) for all eligible cancer surgery expenses and treatments (e.g. chemotherapy or targeted therapy) and other serious and common illnesses (e.g. stroke, kidney failure, cataract) surgery expenses, treatments
4 deductible options(Remark 4) are available to further lower your premiums up to 65%(Remark 5)
Cashless service(Remark 6) with your Bupa medical card
No lifetime benefit limit and coverage will be automatically renewed each year
Eligible for tax deduction on up to HK$8,000 in premiums annually(Remark 7)
By selecting from our many optional benefits(Remark 8), including Clinical, Dental, Maternity(Remark 9) and Supplementary Critical Illness Benefit, you can tailor your policy to better protect your health and wellbeing
Supplementary Critical Illness Benefit covers up to 98% of all serious critical illnesses(Remark 10), including cancer, heart attack and stroke. It provides coverage for your living expenses up to HK$3,300,000 to support your lifestyle and family budget(Remark 11).
【New 】Bupa All Together Health Insurance SchemeHK$5 million annual benefit pool for the insured family
Full coverage for eligible medical expenses12
One-year premium wavier for specified serious illnesses13
One-year complimentary critical illness coverage for newborn baby14
Get quote/online buy
Other Medical Insurance SchemesEnjoy up to 20% welcome discount for the following Bupa medical insurance schemes:
- Bupa MyFlexi VHIS Plan
- Bupa MyBasic VHIS Plan
- Bupa CarePro
- Bupa Together
- Bupa HealthPlus
- Bupa Care Kid
- Bupa Care HealthNet
- Bupa Gold
【Bupa Hero exciting enrolment offer】Get discounts worth up to 80% of first-year premiums!^
【New】Bupa All Together Health Insurance Scheme:
Enjoy up to 50% off on the first-year premium for a family enrolment of 3 #
- Full cover is only applicable to selected items under Summary of Benefits and subject to the annual benefit limit, deductible and restricted ward class set out in the Summary of Benefits.
- Asia, Australia and New Zealand means Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Japan, Malaysia, Macau, Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, mainland China, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Pakistan, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Vietnam.
- For eligible expenses covered under the Certified Plan but incurred outside your chosen area of cover, benefits shall be payable according to the VHIS Standard Plan Terms and Benefits.
- Deductible options include HK$0, HK$12,000, HK$40,000 and HK$80,000. A deductible is the amount of eligible expenses that you must pay each year. Bupa will cover the remaining amount up to the benefit limit. The deductible won’t apply to the Medical Check-up Benefit and optional benefits.
- The calculation compares deductible options between HK$0 and HK$80,000 for a 29-year-old member enrolled in Deluxe Plan with yearly payment.
- Cashless service is not applicable to items (k) and (l) listed under 1) Basic Benefits and items (c) – (j) listed under 2) Enhanced Benefits in the Summary of Benefits for the Certified Plan. Your medical card is not applicable to the outpatient department of a local private hospital. For overseas hospitalisation, you can enjoy cashless service by calling Bupa to make the necessary arrangements. You need to follow the required procedures and obtain pre-authorisation from Bupa to enjoy cashless service.
- Any Hong Kong taxpayer who has purchased an eligible health insurance plan (certified by the Health Bureau as VHIS) can claim a tax deduction on qualifying premiums up to HK$8,000 per insured person each year. These persons must be included in the list of “specified relatives” in Inland Revenue Ordinance (Cap.112) (which may change from time to time). You can claim the deduction in the same tax year when the premium was paid. The deduction is available for certified plans, but not any other optional benefits, with policy effective date of 1 April 2019 or later. There is no limit on the number of insured persons and/or policies claimed by each taxpayer. Policies purchased for a domestic partner, grandchild(ren) or domestic partner’s parents/children are not eligible for tax deduction. For details about tax deduction, please visit bupa.com.hk/taxfaq.
- Optional benefits (Clinical, Maternity, Dental, Dental and Optical Benefit) and free benefits and services are not part of the VHIS certified plan. The premiums paid are not eligible for claiming tax deduction and any family discount.
- Optional maternity benefit is payable provided that the conception occurs after the commencement date of this benefit and no benefit shall be payable during the waiting period of the first 9 months.
- Extended Major Critical Illness Benefit of the Supplementary Critical Illness Benefit include 98% of designated critical illnesses in 10Life's Scoring Methodology of Term Critical Illness Insurance. Exclusions and waiting periods apply. Please refer to the contract for the terms and excluded conditions.
- Based on the benefits of the Gold plan, including major critical illness benefit of HK$1,500,000, additional cancer benefit of HK$1,500,000 and early stage critical illness benefit of HK$300,000. Please refer to the contract for terms, conditions and exclusions.
- Please refer to the Summary of Benefits for the items eligible for full cover. Full cover is only applicable to covered eligible expense and subject to the Maximum Annual Benefit Pool limit, area of cover and restricted ward class set out in the Summary of Benefits. Please refer to the policy for details.
- One-year premium waiver is applicable to premiums paid for Hospital and Surgical Benefit and optional benefits (if any) of the following policy year, upon written request from the policy holder with relevant supporting documents. Please refer to the policy for detailed terms and conditions.
- From the second policy year onwards, newborn baby of female insured person is eligible to first year premium waiver when enrolled in Bupa Safe Critical Illness Insurance Scheme Plan 13 with coverage of HK$1.1 million. Premiums will be waived when annual payment mode is selected. Parents also have the option to upgrade their child to a plan with higher coverage at their own expense. Please refer to the Bupa Safe Critical Illness Insurance Scheme Policy for detailed terms and conditions. For enrolment details, please refer to membership guide or contact your health management consultant or insurance consultant.
The above summary of our insurance products is for reference only. It is not, and does not form part of, a contract of insurance and is designed to provide an overview of the key features of these products.
Talk to us
Contact our health management consultant to get details and advice.
Mon-Fri 9am-9pm (except public holidays)