Bupa MyFlexi VHIS
Flexible health coverage to meet your needs
VHIS Certification Numbers
【Limited Time Offer】
Call us at 2517 5860 for details
Enjoy 20% off now! Child discount up to 35% off*!
Terms and conditions apply.
Levy collected by the Insurance Authority will be imposed on each policy at the applicable rate. The price quoted (if applicable) does not include the applicable levy yet.
Call us at 2517 5860.
Enjoy 20% off now! Child discount up to 35% off*!Terms and conditions apply.
This plan provides 3 optional benefits that you may choose (see Remark 6):
Our Clinical Benefit is specially designed to include coverage for psychiatric-related treatments and psychological counselling, such as outpatient treatments for psychiatric, psychological, mental or behavioural conditions, senile dementia (including Alzheimer’s disease) and Parkinson’s disease. It also includes general practitioners, specialists, diagnostic imaging and laboratory tests, prescribed Western medication, physiotherapists, chiropractors, Chinese herbalists, as well as Chinese bonesetters. If you receive treatment at designated service providers, you can use your medical card for cashless treatment and enjoy full cover (see Remark 7).
You can also enjoy video consultation services if you’ve enrolled in Clinical Benefit. Consult our selected general practitioners through a video call comfortably and safely at home.
Covers dental expenses such as scaling and polishing, fillings and extractions, emergency consultations and more. If you receive treatment at designated network dental centres, you can enjoy cashless treatment and full cover for covered items (see Remark 8).
Covers obstetrician's fees, hospitalisation charges, prenatal and postnatal check-up costs and nursery care for a newborn baby during hospital confinement.
Up to HK$155,000 in prescribed treatments including radiotherapy, chemotherapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy and hormonal therapy.
Up to HK$30,000 per policy year to cover psychiatric treatment during hospitalisation in Hong Kong as recommended by a specialist.
We won't increase your premium based on how many claims you’ve made. Your premium will be based on your age only, no matter how much you claim on conditions that arise after your policy starts.
Your policy covers unknown pre-existing conditions and congenital conditions with symptoms appearing or diagnosed after age 8, subject to a waiting period. You can also choose cover for pre-existing conditions, subject to underwriting and an additional premium (see Remark 10).
This plan also covers surgeries performed in a clinic or day case unit of a hospital, such as wound sutures, plaster casts and endoscopies.
Bupa guarantees that your policy is renewable up to the age of 100, regardless of any changes in your health after your policy is in effect (see Remark 12).
Available 24 hours every day, our Customer Service team will directly answer your policy-related questions (see Remark 13).
Our health coaching services offer a variety of personal healthcare support to minimise your worries (see Remark 14):
- 24/7 Healthline
A team of qualified healthcare professionals will provide guidance on your health-related questions over the phone, with the support of doctors (see Remark 15).
- Care Manager
Our Care Manager can be in touch with you to follow up on claims and assist you throughout treatment and recovery, from explaining your treatment plan and overseeing costs to arranging follow-up consultations. If you’re admitted to a local private hospital, our Care Manager will make a courtesy call or visit, with your consent.
- Second medical opinion
We’ll help you obtain medical advice from a panel of medical specialists to clarify your doubts and make informed decisions about treatment.
- Doctor referrals
We can recommend doctors for your specific condition or needs.
- Chronic Conditions Programme
Offers lifestyle coaching and management, including personal phone calls to help you manage any chronic condition such as diabetes.
With the Bupa MyFlexi VHIS Plan, you’ll also receive our free worldwide assistance programme. It provides medical support and assistance if you need help while overseas or in mainland China (see Remark 16).
- Up to 35% discount on each child below age 18 if enrolling with parents (see Remark 17)
- Up to 15% no claim renewal discount (see Remark 18)
- No minimum length of hospital stay
- No waiting period, cover starts immediately after your policy takes effect (except for Maternity Benefit)
- No claims-based charges – Your premium will be based on your age only, no matter how many claims you’ve made.
- Full Cover Benefit and Supplementary Major Medical Benefit offered under Push the Limit Benefit are not applicable to item (k) pre- and post-confinement/day case procedure outpatient care and item (l) psychiatric treatment as listed under 1) Basic Benefits and all items listed under 2) Enhanced Benefits in the Benefit Schedule.
- You need to follow the required procedures to enjoy full cover. Please refer to the Policy and membership guide for details. Please refer to the Summary of Benefits for the benefit limits of Push the Limit.
- Please log in to our customer service portal myBupa to view the latest list of Bupa HealthPlus Appointed Specialists and Bupa HealthPlus Appointed Service Providers. These lists are subject to change from time to time.
- Bupa MyFlexi appointed hospitals include Canossa Hospital (Caritas), Gleneagles Hong Kong Hospital, Hong Kong Adventist Hospital - Stubbs Rd., Hong Kong Adventist Hospital - Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong Baptist Hospital, Hong Kong Sanatorium & Hospital, St. Paul's Hospital, St. Teresa's Hospital and Union Hospital. This list is subject to change from time to time.
- Cashless treatment is not applicable to item (k) pre- and post-confinement/day case procedure outpatient care and item (l) psychiatric treatment as listed under 1) Basic Benefits and items (c) – (e) listed under 2) Enhanced Benefits in the Benefit Schedule, treatment in a day case unit of a hospital and optional Maternity Benefit. You need to follow the required procedures to enjoy cashless treatment. Please refer to the Policy and membership guide for details.
- Optional Benefits (Clinical, Dental and Maternity Benefit) are not part of the VHIS certified plan. The premiums paid (if any) are not eligible for claiming tax deduction, any child discount and/or no claim renewal discount.
- Clinical Benefit is only available for enrolment after selecting Push the Limit Benefit.
- Network Dental Centre refers to the network of dental service providers appointed by Bupa to provide dental services listed under “Network Dental Centre benefit” in the Summary of Benefits. Locations of the Network Dental Centres include Admiralty, Causeway Bay, Quarry Bay, Tsim Sha Tsui, Tseung Kwan O, Sha Tin, Tsing Yi, Tung Chung, etc. Please log in to Bupa’s customer service portal myBupa to view the latest location list. This list is subject to change from time to time. Insured persons can enjoy cashless treatment and full cover at designated Network Dental Centres by presenting their Bupa membership card, medical card or membership number and Hong Kong Identity Card for verification and record.
- Subject to 30% coinsurance.
- Eligible expenses arising from pre-existing conditions that the insured person wasn't aware of, as well as congenital conditions with symptoms appearing or diagnosed after age 8, are subject to the following waiting period and reimbursement percentage:
a. First policy year: no coverage
b. Second policy year: 25% reimbursement
c. Third policy year: 50% reimbursement
d. Fourth policy year onwards: full coverage
- Any Hong Kong taxpayer who has purchased an eligible health insurance plan (certified by the Food and Health Bureau as VHIS) can claim a tax deduction on qualifying premiums up to HK$8,000 per insured person each year. These persons must be included in the list of “specified relatives” in Inland Revenue Ordinance (Cap. 112). You can claim the deduction in the same tax year when the premium was paid. The deduction is available for the certified plans, but not any other optional benefits, with policy effective date of 1 April 2019 or later. There is no limit on the number of insured persons and/or policies claimed by each taxpayer. Policies purchased for a domestic partner, grandchild(ren) or domestic partner’s parents/children are not eligible for tax deduction. For details about tax deduction, please visit www.bupa.com.hk/taxfaq.
- Bupa guarantees that your policy can be renewed every year up to the age of 100 as long as you meet the requirements stated in the renewal provisions of your policy terms and conditions.
- During office hours (9am to 7pm, Monday to Friday, except public holidays), we are pleased to answer all your enquires. Outside office hours, we can provide the following:
a. Bupa appointed service providers,
b. Your coverage details,
c. Claims procedures and other administration procedures, and
d. Claim forms.
- All Health Coaching Services are available for customers who select Deluxe or Deluxe Plus. Those who select Advance or Advance Plus can access all services except the Chronic Conditions Programme. Those who select Standard or Standard Plus can access the 24/7 Healthline and Care Manager (in case of cancer and heart failure). The use of Health Coaching Services is free of charge. If the services suggested aren’t covered under your Bupa MyFlexi VHIS Plan, you’ll be responsible for the fees incurred.
- Doctors will be available during scheduled office hours to support the nurses in answering enquiries. Office hours: Mon – Fri, from 9am to 6pm (Hong Kong time), except public holidays.
- The Free Bupa Worldwide Assistance Programme is not part of the VHIS certified plan. Please inform Bupa in writing if you don’t want to receive this free benefit.
- Child discount will be applied to the premium of the MyFlexi basic benefits and enhanced benefits only, but not Push the Limit and other optional benefits. The discount will be valid as long as one or two parent(s) of the insured child is/are also covered under a Bupa MyFlexi VHIS plan.
- Upon renewal, the no claim renewal discount will be applied to the premium of the MyFlexi basic benefits and enhanced benefits only, but not Push the Limit and other optional benefits, if no claim was paid during the specified period.
You can contact the VHIS Office of the Food and Health Bureau at firstname.lastname@example.org about:• VHIS product availability
• Features of VHIS Certified Plans
• Compliance with the Code of Practice
Please contact the Insurance Authority about the conduct of insurance companies and intermediaries. Please contact the Inland Revenue Department with questions about tax deduction.
The above summary of our insurance products is for reference only. It is not, and does not form part of, a contract of insurance and is designed to provide an overview of the key features of these products.
Talk to us
Contact our health management consultant to get details and advice.
Mon-Fri 9am-9pm (except public holidays)