Bupa Hero VHIS
Taking care of your physical and mental health
VHIS Certification Numbers
10Life Rating（see Remark 19）
Enjoy up to 23% family discount off & free eye exam now!
Call us at 2517 5860.
Enjoy up to 23% family discount off & free eye exam now!Terms and conditions apply.
You can choose to lower or remove your deductible within 30 days before the renewal date without re-underwriting once at age 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80 or 85. This provides more flexibility for budget planning after retirement.
For eligible expenses covered under the Certified Plan but incurred outside Asia, Australia and New Zealand, benefits shall be payable according to the VHIS Standard Plan Terms and Benefits.
Our health coaching services offer a variety of personal healthcare support delivered by a team of doctors, qualified nurses and health management professionals to minimise your worries (see Remark 14):
- 24/7 Healthline
A team of qualified health management professionals will provide guidance on your health-related questions over the phone, with the support of doctors (see Remark 15).
- Care Manager
Our Care Manager can be in touch with you to follow up on claims and assist you throughout treatment and recovery, from explaining your treatment plan and overseeing costs to arranging follow-up consultations. If you’re admitted to a local private hospital, our Care Manager will make a courtesy call or visit, with your consent.
- Second medical opinion
We’ll arrange for you to get medical advice from a panel of medical specialists to clarify your doubts and make informed decisions about treatment.
- Doctor referrals
We can recommend doctors for your specific condition or needs.
- Chronic Conditions Programme
Offers lifestyle coaching and management, including personal phone calls to help you manage any chronic condition such as diabetes.
- Non-emergency global healthcare support
If you plan to receive treatment overseas or need non-emergency medical services while travelling, we can help you find a doctor or make an appointment.
- Appointment making
We can help to make appointments with your preferred healthcare service providers.
- Up to 15% lifetime family discount (see Remark 18)
- No minimum length of hospital stay
- No waiting period, cover starts immediately after your policy takes effect (except for unknown pre-existing conditions and congenital conditions with symptoms appearing or diagnosed after age 8, complications of pregnancy, Medical Check-up Benefit, certain dental items under Dental and Optical Benefit and Maternity Benefit)
- No claims-based charges - Your premium will be based on your age only, no matter how many claims you've made.
All terms and benefits are subject to the Policy. Please refer to the Policy for details.
- Source: Voluntary Health Insurance Scheme website as of 3 Feb 2020.
- Asia, Australia and New Zealand means Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Japan, Malaysia, Macau, Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, mainland China, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Pakistan, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Vietnam.
- Please refer to the Summary of Benefits for the items eligible for full cover. Full cover is only applicable to covered expenses and subject to the annual benefit limit, deductible and restricted ward class set out in the Summary of Benefits.
- The 24-hour Mental Health Service Hotline is applicable to insured persons aged 18 or above. Insured persons aged below 18 must be accompanied by the Policy Holder or guardian to use this service. Terms and conditions apply.
- Cashless treatment is not applicable to items (k) and (l) listed under 1) Basic Benefits and items (c) – (i) listed under 2) Enhanced Benefits in the Summary of Benefits for the Certified Plan. Your medical card is not applicable to the day case unit of a local private hospital. You need to follow the required procedures and obtain pre-authorisation from Bupa to enjoy cashless treatment.
- Designated private hospitals for cashless treatment include Canossa Hospital (Caritas), Evangel Hospital, Gleneagles Hong Kong Hospital, Hong Kong Adventist Hospital - Stubbs Rd., Hong Kong Adventist Hospital - Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong Baptist Hospital, Hong Kong Sanatorium & Hospital, Matilda International Hospital, Precious Blood Hospital (Caritas), St. Paul's Hospital, St. Teresa's Hospital and Union Hospital. This list is subject to change from time to time.
- Please log in to Bupa's customer service portal to view the latest list of Bupa HealthPlus appointed service providers. This list is subject to change from time to time.
- Bupa will directly pay your eligible medical expenses to the hospitals and service providers subject to the credit limit stated in your pre-authorisation letter and the benefit limit available under your Policy. You will need to reimburse Bupa for any ineligible medical expenses and selected deductible, if any.
- Unknown pre-existing conditions and congenital conditions with symptoms appearing or diagnosed after age 8 are covered subject to the waiting period and reimbursement percentage as follows:
a. First policy year: no coverage
b. Second policy year: 25% reimbursement
c. Third policy year: 50% reimbursement
d. Fourth policy year onwards: full coverage
- Bupa guarantees that your cover can be renewed every year for life, as long as you meet the requirements as stated in the renewal provisions of your policy terms and conditions. Bupa reserves the right to amend the premium, benefits, terms and conditions upon policy renewal.
- Any Hong Kong taxpayer who has purchased an eligible health insurance plan (certified by the Food and Health Bureau as VHIS) can claim a tax deduction on qualifying premiums up to HK$8,000 per insured person each year. The relationship between the taxpayer and the insured person must be included in the list of “specified relatives” in Inland Revenue (Amendment)(No. 8) Ordinance 2018 (which may change from time to time). You can claim the deduction in the same tax year when the premium was paid. The deduction is available for certified plans, but not any other optional benefits, with policy effective date of 1 April 2019 or later. There is no limit on the number of insured persons and/or policies claimed by each taxpayer. Policies purchased for a domestic partner, grandchild(ren) or domestic partner’s parents/children are not eligible for tax deduction. For details about tax deduction, please visit www.bupa.com.hk/taxfaq.
- Optional benefits are not part of the VHIS certified plan. The premiums paid are not eligible for claiming tax deduction and any family discount.
- Optional Dental Benefit is available for both Advance and Deluxe Plans. Optional Optical Benefit is only offered for Deluxe Plan.
- All Health Coaching Services are available for customers who select the Deluxe Plan. Those who select the Advance Plan can access all services except Non-emergency global healthcare support and Appointment making. The use of Health Coaching Services is free of charge but you may need to pay for services not covered under your Policy.
- Doctors will be available during scheduled office hours to support the nurses in answering enquiries. Office hours: Mon – Fri, from 9am to 7pm (Hong Kong time), except public holidays.
- The Free Bupa Worldwide Assistance Programme is not part of the VHIS Certified Plan. Please inform Bupa in writing if you don’t want to receive this free benefit.
- During office hours (9am to 7pm, Monday to Friday, except public holidays), we are pleased to answer all your enquires. Outside office hours, we can provide the following:
a. Bupa appointed service providers,
b. Your coverage details,
c. Claims procedures and other administration procedures, and
d. Claim forms.
- Family discount will be applied to the standard premium and premium loading of the certified plan only, but not any other optional benefits under the Bupa Hero VHIS Plan. The discount will be valid as long as the eligible family members are all covered under a Bupa Hero VHIS Plan at the same time.
- Insurance ratings are provided by 10Life (www.10Life.com/star-ratings/products) for reference only. Bupa does not provide any compensation (such as commissions or referral fees) to 10Life for ratings or related insurance sales activities. 10Life insurance ratings do not take into account your personal goals, financial situation and needs. This information is for general educational and reference purposes only and does not constitute any recommendation to purchase insurance products. Consumers are advised to should go through the suitability assessment with a Bupa Health Management Consultant before applying for insurance that will suit their needs.
- Brochure (including Summary of Benefits and Premium Table)
- Policy and Benefit Information of the Certified Plan
- Application form
You can contact the VHIS Office of the Food and Health Bureau at email@example.com about:• VHIS product availability
• Features of VHIS Certified Plans
• Compliance with the Code of Practice
Please contact the Insurance Authority about the conduct of insurance companies and intermediaries. Please contact the Inland Revenue Department with questions about tax deduction.
The above summary of our insurance products is for reference only. It is not, and does not form part of, a contract of insurance and is designed to provide an overview of the key features of these products.
Talk to us
Contact our health management consultant to get details and advice.
Mon-Fri 9am-9pm (except public holidays)