3. Your privacy and maintaining the confidentiality of your personal information is important to Bupa. Our privacy notice ("Notice") applies to all health insurance and related products and services provided by us and sets out how we may collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information. Our Notice is governed by and observes the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486). You agree that, to the extent permitted by law, any and all personal data relating to you collected by Bupa from time to time may be used and disclosed in accordance with the Notice, which is posted on this website. We may from time to time update or amend the Notice all information will be governed by our most recent Notice. Please visit our “Privacy” page regularly to learn about updates to our Notice.
Use of the website
4. You must not do (or attempt to do) any of the following acts, nor assist others to do any of the following acts:
- use the website for any activities which breach any applicable laws or infringe the rights of any third party.
- use the website to post or transmit information or material: that is defamatory, abusive, offensive or vulgar; or that is of a commercial nature or intended to solicit business.
- knowingly transmit any viruses or other computer programs that may damage or interfere with the website.
- tamper with or modify the website.
- use the website to send unsolicited electronic messages.
Notice and Disclaimer
5. Unless otherwise specified, the materials on this website are directed solely at those who access this website from Hong Kong. Bupa makes no representation that any information, product or service referred to in the materials on this website is appropriate for use, or available, in other locations. Those who choose to access this website from other locations are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
6. Unless otherwise stated, this website is for information only. Bupa has used all reasonable care and skill in compiling the content of this website but to the extent permitted by law, makes no warranty as to the suitability or accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information on this website for any purpose. Bupa shall not be liable for any errors or omissions in any material on the website.
7. Bupa disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to information or material contained on the website, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a specific purpose. Bupa makes no warranty or representation regarding your access to the website or any content accessed via the website, including without limitation: (i) that your access to the website will be uninterrupted and error-free; (ii) that the website and/or server is free from viruses or harmful components; and (iii) that any defects will be corrected.
8. Sometimes we include content featuring or graphically representing medical or surgical procedures, which are only ever provided for educational or informative purposes. If you find or are likely to find such images offensive please do not view them or if necessary click on the "Back" button at the top left hand corner of your screen or click on the "Home" link which appears as the first tab on the row of tabs towards the top of the screen.
9. Given that there is such content on this site, the website should not be accessed by anyone under the age of 18, and parents are advised not to allow their children to browse this site.
10. Bupa shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise from the use of any of the information contained in any of the materials on this website. The information contained in any such materials is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice nor is it intended to be for medical diagnosis or treatment.
11. Under no circumstances shall Bupa be liable for any loss, cost or expense (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential) arising from your use or inability to use the website and any information or materials posted on the website.
12. Bupa does not exclude liability for damage arising from death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Bupa or any of its employees or agents.
13. You agree to indemnify and hold Bupa harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, damages, liabilities, costs or expenses (whether in tort or contract, including without limitation negligence) arising out of or in connection with your use of the website.
Third Party Content and Links
14. Material appearing on this website will include advertising and other material submitted by parties other than Bupa and this website will provide links to other websites operated by advertisers and third parties. It is the responsibility of these third parties to ensure that such material and such websites comply with all relevant laws and regulations. To the full extent permissible by law, Bupa disclaims all responsibility for any error, omission or inaccuracy in such material or its failure to comply with the relevant laws or regulations.
Linking to the Bupa website
15. If you would like to link to the Bupa (Asia) Limited website, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
18. If any part of this notice and disclaimer is deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that part will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining parts.
20. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Bupa.
22. The health insurance schemes detailed on this website are insured by Bupa (Asia) Limited. Bupa (Asia) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Hong Kong Insurance Authority to carry out general insurance business in the HKSAR. The registered office of Bupa (Asia) Ltd. is 6/F, Tower 2, The Quayside, 77 Hoi Bun Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong. Telephone number: 2517 5175.