Hang Seng and Bupa Launch VHIS Flexi Plan with Deductible Options
Annual worldwide coverage of up to HK$30 million
Hong Kong，19 Aug 2019
Hang Seng Bank and Bupa Hong Kong, the leading health insurance specialist, today announced the launch of the Global Prestige Voluntary Health Insurance Scheme (VHIS) Plan. The plan is the latest product to arise from the companies’ ongoing efforts as strategic partners to offer Hang Seng customers holistic health and wellness solutions.
Designed exclusively for Hang Seng clients, the Global Prestige VHIS Plan is an officially certified Flexi Plan under the Government’s VHIS Scheme. Policy holders can claim a tax deduction on qualifying premiums up to HK$8,000 per insured person each year. There is no limitation on the number of insured persons or policies claimed 1. The plan is underwritten by Bupa and distributed solely by Hang Seng.
The Global Prestige VHIS Plan goes beyond the mandatory basic benefits included in VHIS Standard Plans to provide customers with superior healthcare protection of HK$30 million benefit limit per year – currently the highest coverage offered under any VHIS Plan in Hong Kong2. This plan is also the only high-end VHIS plan with deductible options, at the same time providing unlimited lifetime benefit. In addition to providing full cover for medical expenses, including surgeon’s fees and intensive care costs at standard private room level, the plan’s worldwide coverage ensures that insured persons will enjoy the same high level of protection and support regardless of their location.
Margaret Kwan, Executive Director and Head of Retail Banking and Wealth Management at Hang Seng, said: “We are committed to providing a wide range of insurance products to meet the different needs of customers. We are pleased to be the exclusive distributor of the Global Prestige VHIS Plan, which offers our clients more choice and unparalleled coverage in building personalised healthcare solutions. We will continue to work closely with Bupa to further enrich our comprehensive healthcare proposition.”
Andrew Merrilees, General Manager, Bupa Hong Kong, said: “We are delighted to introduce the new Global Prestige VHIS Plan to esteemed customers of Hang Seng, following the launch of the Bupa MyBasic and MyFlexi VHIS Plans. This new product provides superior protection on a worldwide basis to meet the needs of customers who look for all-round support on their healthcare. With our partner Hang Seng, we put customers at the heart of everything we do to help them live longer, healthier, happier lives.”
Key features of the Global Prestige VHIS Plan include:
- Superior Protection
- annual benefit limit of HK$30 million per year and unlimited lifetime benefit limit
- worldwide coverage of hospitalisation expenses such as surgeon’s fees and intensive care costs covered in full up to customer’s annual benefit limit at standard private room level
- full cover for all outpatient visits before or after confinement or day case procedure
- 4 deductible options from HK$0 to HK$80,000
- Comprehensive Coverage and Support
- enhanced benefits such as private nursing, companion bed, emergency outpatient treatment for accidents, day patient kidney dialysis, complications of pregnancy, rehabilitation, hospice and palliative care, post confinement or treatment Registered Chinese Medicine Practitioner consultation and acupuncture
- a free comprehensive health assessment each year starting from the second year
- HealthPro Concierge service and optional benefits options
- Guaranteed Lifetime Renewal and Flat Premiums
- cover can be renewed for life
- flat premiums for customers from age 60 to lifetime
Applicants who successfully enrol in the Global Prestige VHIS Plan by 30 November 2019 will receive coupons worth HK$2,500 for a healthcare chain store. Eligible family members who enrol together can enjoy a discount of 10% (two eligible family members) or 15% (three or more eligible family members).
For further details of the Global Prestige VHIS plan, please browse the related webpage at https://www.bupa.com.hk/en/medical-insurance/global-prestige.
- Tax deduction for VHIS plans in Bupa webpage (https://www.bupa.com.hk/en/medical-insurance/vhis-info/tax-deduction-for-vhis/)
- Voluntary Health Insurance Scheme website as of 1 August 2019 (https://www.vhis.gov.hk/en/consumer_corner/flexi-plan.html)
About Hang Seng Bank
Founded in 1933, Hang Seng Bank operates around 280 service outlets serving both personal and business customers. The Bank also maintains branches in Macau and Singapore, and a representative office in Taipei.
Established in May 2007, wholly owned subsidiary Hang Seng Bank (China) Limited is headquartered in Pudong, Shanghai, and operates a mainland China network with outlets in the Pearl River Delta, the Yangtze River Delta, the Bohai Rim Region and midwest China.
With total assets of HK$1,657 billion as at 30 June 2019, Hang Seng Bank reported a profit attributable to shareholders of HK$13,656 million for the first half of 2019. Hang Seng Bank is a principal member of the HSBC Group, one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. For further information on Hang Seng Bank, please visit the Bank's website at www.hangseng.com.
* Source: LaingBuisson Health Cover UK Market Report 15th Edition, published 16 October 2018, in terms of market share by premium income among private medical insurance providers