Bupa Civil Servants
Caring for the health of Hong Kong’s Civil Servants
Bupa Civil Servants medical insurance scheme is designed for civil servants and their dependants. This medical insurance scheme gives you comprehensive protection at a modest subscription. It also covers many pre-existing conditions without raising the subscription.
Levy collected by the Insurance Authority will be imposed on each policy at the applicable rate. The price quoted (if applicable) does not include the applicable levy yet.
Bupa has been the medical insurance provider for Hong Kong's civil servants for 25 years and running.
Enjoy higher cover if you need more than one operation because Bupa pays out surgical benefit on a per-operation basis rather than per disability. You can claim up to the maximum benefit limit for each operation.
This scheme's Hospital and Surgical benefit and optional Clinical Benefit provide psychiatric-related coverage to take care of your mental wellbeing.
We won't raise your subscription based on how many claims you’ve made. Your subscription will be based on your age only, no matter how much you claim on conditions that arise after your membership starts.
- A dedicated Care Manager helps you to follow up on claims. If you are admitted into a local private hospital, the Care Manager will make a courtesy call or visit, with your consent.1
- We can arrange for a second medical opinion in the event of serious illnesses, or provide a list of doctors, clinics and hospitals based on your specific condition or needs.2
- Day-case surgery or clinical operations are covered
- No minimum length of hospital stay
- Hospital and Surgical Benefit
- Ward/ Semi-private/ Private room levels
- Room and Board
- Miscellaneous Hospital Services
- Private Nursing
- Surgeon and Attendance Fees
- Anaesthetist's Fees
- Operating Theatre Fees
- In-patient Physician's Fees
- In-patient Specialist's Fees
- Post-hospitalisation Out-patient Care
- Psychiatric Treatments
- Supplementary Major Medical Benefit
- We pay 80% of the medical expenses in excess of the amount payable under the Hospital and Surgical Benefit
- You can choose a co-payment of HK$500 or HK$1,500 per claim
- Clinical Benefit
- Covers diagnostic imaging and laboratory tests, prescribed western medication, treatment by western physicians, physiotherapists and chiropractors
- Includes coverage for psychiatric-related treatments and psychological counselling, such as outpatient treatments for psychiatric, psychological, mental or behavioural conditions, senile dementia (including Alzheimer's disease) and Parkinson's disease
- Bupa Worldwide Assistance Programme
The above summary of our insurance products is for reference only. It is not, and does not form part of, a contract of insurance and is designed to provide an overview of the key features of these products.
Talk to us
Contact our health management consultant to get details and advice.
Mon-Fri 9am-9pm (except public holidays)