To pay and claim, simply follow these three steps:
Before you leave the clinic: Pay the bill and get required documents.
Original payment receipts
Additional documents (if any):
- Referral letter from your doctor (for claiming specialist consultation, diagnostic imaging and laboratory tests, physiotherapy and chiropractic treatment or prescribed medication)
- Pre-authorisation confirmation (if pre-authorisation is required)
You can also refer to your Membership Guide or call us for details.
Within 90 days: Submit a completed claim form with the required documents
If you fill in the claim form, please mail to our Claims Department
18/F Berkshire House, 25 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
After submission: Once Bupa receives your completed claim forms and all the required documents, it usually takes 5 to 7 business days to process the claim.
If you chose to get our e-statement service, we will notify you by email once the claim is processed.
Useful reminder:Please obtain the documents that are needed to make a claim. Keep in mind that you will need to pay for the fees charged for issuing the medical report(s).
If you use a Bupa medical card, you don’t need to submit any claims to us. Simply follow these steps:
For clinical benefit:
- Show your medical card when visiting a network doctor.
- After your treatment, sign the voucher provided by the clinic and keep the member’s copy.
For full cover and cashless treatment in case of out-patient care after surgery or cancer treatment (applicable to Bupa HealthPlus Card):
- Show your medical card, Certificate for Diagnostic & Imaging / Physiotherapy Service (“The Certificate”) (mailed to you before hospital admission) and attending doctor's referral letter upon registration at the network physiotherapy or diagnostic centre.
- After you received treatment or examination, sign the voucher and keep the member’s copy.
- You will receive notification of settled claim amount by SMS, followed by a shortfall invoice (if any) by post or a notification by email (if you have chosen to receive e-statements).