Top up your medical coverage at different life stages
Bupa is always here to provide coverage for you – no matter if you're pursuing a new career, beginning a new chapter by getting married or starting a family, or planning for a second life after retirement. As long as you're insured under a Bupa group medical scheme, you and your dependants can enrol in Bupa VTop Health Insurance Scheme ("Bupa VTop") at different life stages once per lifetime, for additional coverage and continued protection even if your employment status changes.
Levy collected by the Insurance Authority will be imposed on each policy at the applicable rate. The price quoted (if applicable) does not include the applicable levy yet.
Active group members can enjoy an extra 10% off* if you and your family members enrol.
*Terminated or retired group members are not able to receive 10% discount. Terms and conditions apply.
- Supplementary Major Medical Benefit
- Clinical Benefit
Health Coaching Services
Offer 24/7 Healthline, second medical opinion and Care Manager to follow up on claims and assist members throughout treatment and recovery (see Remark 6).
Free Bupa Worldwide Assistance Programme
Offers medical support and assistance if members need help while overseas or in mainland China.
Manage your scheme with myBupa
Available as both an employer portal and smartphone app for members to manage benefits, submit claims online, search for network doctors and more.
Bupa4Life wellness app
Manage health goals, book into wellness classes and activities for free and get rewards.
Will Bupa VTop cover all pre-existing conditions that arose before my membership was effective?
All pre-existing conditions which are payable under your Bupa group scheme shall be covered under Bupa VTop's Hospital and Surgical Benefit, Optional Supplementary Major Medical Benefit and Clinical Benefit (if applicable) if you have been continuously insured under a Bupa group scheme and/or Bupa VTop for a total of at least 12 consecutive months, with the exception of those specified under the General Exclusions of the Bupa VTop contract. However, coverage for pre-existing conditions isn't available for non-Bupa group scheme members.
Can I upgrade my room level or add optional benefits after my membership is effective?
Room level upgrade or switching between Itemised Hospital and Surgical Benefit and Aggregate Hospital and Surgical Benefit is not allowed after your membership is effective.
You can add the Optional Clinical Benefit upon renewal, subject to underwriting. However, if you've terminated this optional benefit before, you'll not be allowed to re-apply.
Application for the Optional Supplementary Major Medical Benefit is only allowed during enrolment. You can't add this optional benefit at renewal.
Will I still be reimbursed if my Bupa group scheme is terminated when I change my job or retire?
If your Bupa group scheme is terminated, you’ll still be able to claim from Bupa VTop. According to Bupa VTop’s contract terms, you must file claims under any other active health insurance schemes first, either underwritten by Bupa or other insurers. After your claims have been processed, you can submit a second claim for the remaining expenses to be reimbursed under Bupa VTop.
However, if you don’t have any other active health insurance schemes besides Bupa VTop, you’ll be able to claim from Bupa VTop from the first dollar, subject to the annual deductible (if applicable), overall annual limit and item limits (if applicable) of your chosen benefit level.
If I've terminated my Bupa VTop scheme, can I re-apply in the future?
No. Enrolment in Bupa VTop is allowed only once per lifetime.
Existing Bupa group scheme members with Hospital and Surgical Benefit
- No underwriting required (see Remark 7)
- Eligible for enrolment during any one of the following periods (see Remark 8):
- Within 60 days of joining a Bupa group scheme;
- Within 60 days after the Contract Anniversary Date of a Bupa group scheme;
- Within 30 days before or after termination of a Bupa group scheme membership; or
- Within 30 days after marriage or child's birth.
Non-Bupa group scheme members
- Spouse, domestic partner, children, parents or siblings of an existing Bupa group scheme member who are not a member of a Bupa group scheme
- Enrol any time before age 81, subject to underwriting
Existing Bupa group scheme members:
Aged 15 days or above at contract commencement
Non-Bupa group scheme members:
Aged 15 days to 80 years (inclusive) at contract commencement
- Optional Supplementary Major Medical Benefit is available for enrolment for eligible group members only. For details, please refer to the "Eligibility" section of the product brochure.
- All pre-existing conditions which are payable under your Bupa group scheme shall be covered under this scheme's Hospital and Surgical Benefit, Optional Supplementary Major Medical Benefit and Clinical Benefit (if applicable) if you have been continuously insured under a Bupa group scheme and/or Bupa VTop for a total of at least 12 consecutive months, with the exception of those specified under the General Exclusions of the Bupa VTop contract. Coverage for pre-existing conditions isn’t available for non-Bupa group scheme members.
- Enrolment is only allowed once per lifetime.
- This scheme will be effective on the 1st day of the month which immediately follows the last date of your group membership should it be the last day of a month. Otherwise, your cover will be effective on the 1st day of the same month when your group membership is terminated.
- Bupa guarantees that your cover can be renewed every year for life as long as you meet the requirements as stated in the Renewal Clause of your contract. Bupa reserves the right to amend the subscription, benefits, terms and conditions upon your contract renewal. Please refer to your contract for further details.
- The use of Health Coaching Services is free of charge. If the services suggested by us are not covered under Bupa VTop Health Insurance Scheme, you will be responsible for the fees incurred. Availability of the above services is dependent on room level chosen. Please refer to the Schedule of Benefits for details.
- Enrolment without underwriting is only applicable to Hospital and Surgical Benefit and Optional Supplementary Major Medical Benefit. Enrolment in Optional Clinical Benefit requires underwriting.
- If the number of employees joining your company's Bupa group scheme is between 2 – 9, you can only enrol in this scheme within 30 days before or after termination of your Bupa group scheme membership when your employment ends (except when you retire).
The above summary of our insurance products is for reference only. It is not, and does not form part of, a contract of insurance and is designed to provide an overview of the key features of these products.
Talk to us
Contact our health management consultant to get details and advice.
Mon-Fri 9am-9pm (except public holidays)